Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Marvin Gaye!!!!!


Today, April 2, 2009 is the 70th birthday of the late great Marvin Gaye. Sadly, April 1 marked the 25th anniversary of his tragic death the day before his 45th birthday.

Random Facts about Marvin
His father only served five years probation after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter, and was sent to a rest home for the remainder of his life. He died of pneumonia in Culver City, California, at the age of 84, in 1998.

He repeatedly announced his wish to commit suicide in the early weeks of 1984, and his abrupt shifts of mood brought him into heated conflict with his father.

On the day before Marvin's forty-fifth birthday they quarreled over his father's treatment of his mother. Marvin lashed out at him, attacking him and beating him. His father calmly left the room, went down the hall to his own room, and returned with a gun. He shot Marvin twice in the chest, the second time at point-blank range. Marvin Gaye died instantly

Marvin Quotes
"Years back, when we were still in Detroit, Berry saw my acting potential, even before he started pushing Diana. He wanted to do the Sam Cooke story and have me play the lead. This was in 1964 when Sam had just died. I told Berry the idea was morbid. I got the chills thinking about it. There was no way I´d even consider the role. It made me extremely nervous to even think about a soul singer who gets shot to death."

"No doubt I could have been a Hollywood star, but it was something I consciously rejected. Not that I didn´t wan´t it. I most certainly did. I just didn´t have the fortitude to play the Hollywood game and put my ass out there like a piece of meat."

I love Marvin Political driven songs and his rendition of America is the best. Some people say me and his daughter Nona look alike ...With out the Boobs